The client must have with him/her when receiving the vehicle:
- Necessarily, a valid legal driving license.
- Personal credit or debit card.
- The vehicle is delivered clean (internally) and in excellent condition in terms of maintenance, and it has to be returned the same way
- We mark the level of the fuel when the client picks up the vehicle, and he/she has to return it in the same level, otherwise he/she is charged with the current price per liter for the missing fuel.
- The client is charged with the amount of 45€ in case the vehicle is returned with stains that require special cleaning (e.g wet seats, animal hair, food and drinks on the seats or on the floor or in the luggage compartment, sunscreen or salt stains)
- The client must necessarily read all the rental terms and conditions and then sign the lease agreement.
- It is very important for the client to check the vehicle during the pickup and take the necessary photos along with the employee of our company. He/she has to mention any damage that already exists in the vehicle, in order to avoid being charged for a damage done from a previous client.
Credit / Debit Card: NECESSARY
- Client's credit / debit card details ( card number / expiration date / cvv ), will be used by our company only in case of damage to the rented vehicle or in case of a fine occurred of violation of the traffic code. (These details do not constitute rental payment).
- In case of damage in the rented vehicle, the amount of charge is formed by both the official estimation report of the workshop and the excess amount if the client has added an additional insurance.
AGE REQUIREMENT & DRIVING LICENSE
- The minimum age for renting a vehicle is 23 years old, with a driving license issued at least 1 year prior to the rental’s starting date. Maximum age: 70 years.
- Driving license: Greek, European (for EU countries ONLY) or International.
- Drivers under the age of 20y.o are not allowed to rent a vehicle.
- Drivers aged 21 to 23 y.o, are subjected to a surcharge of 5€ per day.
- Drivers aged 70 y.o and over are subjected to a surcharge of 5€ per day.
- Second driver can be added without additional charge.
- The driver registered in the lease agreement is the only person allowed to drive the vehicle.
- The company has the right to request the return of the vehicle if it is comes to our attention that someone else is driving it (except the registered driver) without informing our agency.
- In case we notice that the vehicle is circulating with more people than it originally fits, the client must return it immediately upon our company’s request and without any refund requirement. He also pays the fine of 200€ due to excessive wear of the vehicle.
- One day of rental equals to 24h.
- The first 3 hours after the completion of the 24h charge equals to half day of charge.
- If the rental exceeds this period, then an additional day will be charged.
RENT OUTSIDE MILOS
- The client is not allowed to transport the vehicle outside Milos Island.
- In case of violation of this condition, the client is charged with the amount of 500€.
Our company does not allow vehicles to leave Milos Island and there is a fine for the violation of that term. About Kimolos Island and ONLY there is an exception where the fine of 500€ does not apply. In that case, it’s absolutely on every client’s responsibility to transport the car there. In case of mechanical failure, if the car is immobilized or for any expenses that may occur the client is the only person that will be burdened to cover them.
- The fuel burdens exclusively the client.
- The vehicle must be returned with the same level of fuel that it had at the pick up, otherwise the client will be charged with the fuel difference and the supply charge.
- Our company does not refund in case the vehicle is returned with more fuel than it had at the pickup.
- Vehicles are delivered with the minimum amount of fuel, corresponding to ¼ of the tank.
- Supply charge: 20€ residential area / 50€ non residential area (see map below).
Choice of model / Car brand
- Our company reserves the right to provide to the client a correspond or of higher category vehicle from the one that was originally booked if it’s necessary.
- Our company reserves the right to change the type of the vehicle in special cases.
- Our company provides baby/child seats, upon client’s request and if we have available (pre-booking is highly recommended).
- Our company DOES NOT PLACE the baby/child seat in the vehicle.
- Seat patterns may vary.
EXTENSION AND TERMINATION OF LEASE
- The client is obliged to return the vehicle on the day and time indicated in the lease agreement.
- If the client wants to extend the rent, he/she is obliged to notify our company at least 24 hours before the end of the lease and obtain the necessary approval.
The client is charged with the amount of 45€ in case the vehicle is returned with stains that require special cleaning (e.g wet seat, animal hair, food and drinks on the seats or on the floor or in the luggage compartment, sunscreen or salt stains).
- All fines and administrative penalties burden the client.
- In case the client refuses to pay for a fine / administrative penalty , our company reserves the right to charge his/her credit/debit card and there will be an administration charge of 20€ in addition to the fine.
VEHICLE KEY LOSS
- Our company has a spare key for every vehicle. In any case, if the client does not has the car key, he/she must inform us immediately so that we can send him/her the spare key.
- The cost of construction of a new key burdens exclusively the client and it starts from 200€ until the 600€ depending on the category of the vehicle.
- If an accident occurs during the lease, the client must inform the health center if necessary, our company and the traffic police in order to register an incident report.
- In case of an accident with minor material damage, the client may at his discretion, decide if it is safe to continue with the same vehicle or request its replacement.
- If the accident is not registered by the traffic police, the client must note the number plate of the vehicle with which he/she came in contact, the driver's name, telephone number and the insurance company that covers the other vehicle as well as take some photos. Then, he/she must inform us about the circumstances of the accident.
COLLECTION & DELIVERY OF A CAR - by appointment, with the following operating hours and delivery charges
08:00am until 21:00pm : 0€
21:00pm until 08:00am : 20€
09:00am until 21:00pm : ( * AREA A : 10€ AREA B : 50€ - SEE MAP BELOW )
21:00pm until 09:00am : ( * AREA A : 30€ AREA B : 70€ - SEE MAP BELOW )
OFFICE AT THE PORT
07:00am until 21:00pm : 0€
21:00pm until 07:00am : 20€
OFFICE IN POLLONIA
08:00am until 21:00pm : 0€
21:00pm until 08:00am : 20€
- Every vehicle is insured with the basic simple liability insurance (third part).
- The insurance company undertakes to cover the cost of any damage that may be caused to "third parties".
- For damage or theft caused by fault / negligence of the client, the client is responsible up to the total commercial value of the vehicle at the time of the accident or theft.
- If the client causes damage to another vehicle, the insurance company only compensates the victim.
- If the client intentionally causes damage to the vehicle, or finds it damage during the lease, the repair is his/her responsibility.
ADDITIONAL INSURANCE OPTIONS:
** All the damages must be proven not to have been caused by a Highway Code Violation.
** All the additional insurance options will be in effect ONLY if the client accepts and signs the relevant term in the lease.
CDW / Collision Damage Waiver
The CDW sets a maximum amount of payment by the client, in case of damage in the rented vehicle.
Category A: 8€ per day – maximum amount of payment by the client 400€.
Category B: 10€ per day – maximum amount of payment by the client 600€.
Category C: 15€ per day – maximum amount of payment by the client 800€.
SDW: Super Collision Damage Waiver
In case of damage in the rented vehicle, the client pays maximum amount 150€, by adding the equivalent SCDW insurance of the vehicle he rented.
The client is completely discharged of liability for any damage at the car’s tires and glass, by paying the amount of 7€ per day.
PAI / PERSONAL ACCIDENT INSURANCE:
- The client is not covered by the PAI, unless he accepts and signs the relevant term of the lease agreement, and pays 5€ per day.
- Maximum amount of insurance compensation paid: 12,000€ (all the receipts during the hospitalization must be provided to our company).
The client is fully released of the liability in case the vehicle is stolen provided he accepts and signs the relevant term in the lease agreement.
- Category A: 5€ per day
- Category B: 7€ per day
- Category C: 10€ per day
- The client’s personal belongings and the parts of the car are not covered by that insurance.
- Vehicles are insured against third parties (excluding the driver) for death and personal injury up to the amount of one million two hundred and twenty thousand euro (1,220,000.00 €), per accident and for material damage to third parties (excluding MilosRentCar vehicle) up to the amount of one million two hundred and twenty thousand euro (1,220,000.00 €)
- In case of change of the above amounts, the amounts will always apply, as they are determined by the current Greek legislation.
- Damages that exceed the limit of the insurance coverage or are excluded from it, will be paid in full by the customer.
BASIC ROADSIDE ASSISTANCE: *included in the rate
- The basic roadside assistance COVERS:
*Transportation of the vehicle in case of mechanical failure or if the car is immobilized, in cases where the damage did not occur by client’s negligence/intention or by driving in an unauthorized area.
ROAD ASSISTANCE PLUS
The client can upgrade to the roadside assistance plus with 5€ per day.
Roadside Assistance Plus isn’t a substitute for any type of additional insurance. All the below mentioned services are charged unless the client accepts and signs the relevant term in the lease agreement. The amount of charge is formed by the Breakdown Service.
- Key lockout service / key loss
* Construction of a new key in case of loss or damage burdens exclusively the client.
- Battery restart
* Damage in the battery in case of intention or negligence burdens exclusively the client.
- Flat tire
* The cost for the new tire burdens exclusively the client for damage to the tires, caused by intention, negligence or by driving in an unauthorized area, as defined in the terms of the lease.
- Fuel Delivery
* The fuel and the supply charge burdens exclusively the client.
- Towing Service
* Excluded: Conventional vehicles in AREA B * towing charge 200€.
* Damages in the vehicle burdens exclusively the client.
VEHICLE USAGE SEE MAP BELOW
* The circulation of the vehicles is not allowed where the map shows that you are off the road.
* It is not allowed to visit the west and east side of the island with a conventional vehicle.
* On the west and east side of the island there is no insurance coverage for conventional vehicles and any damage to these vehicles will burden the client. * 4x4/SUV categories are excluded.
* 4x4/SUV vehicles are allowed to circulate on unpaved roads - yellow lines of the map - only if the vehicles are within the boundaries of the road.
MOTO / ATV / BUGGY CRITERIA
* Minimum age 23 years, with a driver's license issued at least one year prior to the rental’s starting date.
* INTERNATIONAL DRIVING PERMIT is NECESSARY, for all the non European Union citizens.
TYPE OF DRIVING LICENSE
- For a 50cc scooter, the client must necessarily have type Am or B driver’s license.
- For a 125cc & 150cc scooter, the client must necessarily have type A or A1 driver’s license.
- For 200cc scooter, the client must necessarily have Type A driver’s license.
- For atv & buggy, regardless of cubic capacity, the client must necessarily have type B driver’s license.
- All the international driving permits must necessarily have the equivalent type stamp.
INSURANCE POLICY FOR MOTO / ATV / BUGGY
- All moto - atv - buggy include the simple liability insurance.
It is NOT possible for the client to upgrade the insurance.
-30 or more days prior to the date of arrival of the client, then the deposit will be returned to the client (any costs will be borne by the customer).
-29 to 15 days prior to the date of arrival of the client, then 50% of the deposit will be refunded (any costs charged to the client).
-14 or less days prior to the arrival date of the client, then no amount of the deposit is returned to the client.
-Automatic cancellation of a reservation for payment by deposit within 3 days if the deposit has not been confirmed.
- In case the client wants to cancel his reservation, NECESSARILY must send an email to our company.
- Automatic cancellation of reservation, in case the confirmation of the required deposit has not been confirmed, within 4 days.
- In case the client does not show up to pick up the car at the agreed date and time without any prior written or telephone notice, the company will cancel the reservation after 3 hours.
- The company has the right to charge the client one rental day corresponding to the category of the car for which a reservation has been made.
The court of Syros is responsible for resolving any disputes.
***We would like to inform you that, despite our constant efforts to ensure that all prices displayed on our website are accurate, errors may occasionally occur due to system failure. In this case, we will inform you the sooner we can if we have an error in the price of your booking and then you can decide if you still wish to proceed with a reservation. In case you decide to cancel the booking, you will receive a full refund. If we are unable to contact you, we will treat your booking as cancelled.
The processing of the data provided by the customer relates only to the procedures which are necessary for the reservation and further no data transfer or use takes place